When opportunities arise to expand our team we will post the positions below.
Roastery Cafe - Management, Kitchen and Front of House Roles
Full, Part-time role & Casual Roles available / Based at our Cheshire roastery, SY14 7JE
The Lost Barn is an inspiring new concept cafe opening in Cheshire, located just outside the village of Tilston in a beautiful new building set in a stunning rural position. The building is home to The Lost Barn Coffee Roasters and showcases an open plan, artisan roasting space. The venue is all about simplicity, seasonality and sustainability, with freshly roasted, speciality coffee and a food offering focusing on locally sourced, high quality ingredients.
We are preparing to open soon and are putting together a bunch of great people who are excited to be a part of the founding team of this unique destination. We can offer:
- - competitive wages
- - flexible hours
- - freshly roasted coffee + amazing teas to enjoy during your shifts
- - a friendly working environment
- - an opportunity to develop + grow with us
Full-time, part-time and casual positions available in Management, Kitchen and Front of House roles, to suit skills, interests, availability and experience. If you're looking for a new role worthy of your skills, somewhere to build a career, or if you are just curious about joining the team we would love to have a chat.
Drop us a message at faye @ lostbarncoffee.co.uk to say hello and register your interest today.
(Position posted 13/05/22)
Roastery Assistant (Applications now closed)
Full or Part-time role / Immediate start / Based at our Cheshire roastery, SY14 7JE
We're getting ready to move into our brand-new roastery building and we're looking to expand our friendly and down to earth team. We're looking for a roastery assistant to join us on a part-time or full-time basis.
You'll be passionate about speciality coffee and whilst you don't need to have had prior experience working in a roastery it's a real advantage if you have barista experience, or have worked within some aspect of the coffee industry before. Our new roastery is an open-plan space that is on display to our customers, you'll therefore be comfortable and confident in delivering genuinely helpful, friendly and welcoming customer service at all times.
The role will involve assisting with day-to-day roastery activities:
- - packaging and preparing customer orders with fantastic attention to detail
- - preparing and restocking packaging
- - keeping the production space clean and organised
- - making deliveries to local wholesale customers in our 100% electric work van
- - taking part in cupping sessions as part of the team to help evaluate coffees and develop new recipes
- - jumping over to the coffee machine in the adjoining café space to help our baristas when needed
- - assisting with customer enquires in person, over the phone and via email
- - the position may also lead to coffee roasting training with the potential for this to develop into a coffee roasting role for the right candidate
As the successful candidate you will:
- - show great attention to detail and a passion for high quality, speciality coffee
- - hold a full, clean UK driving license in order to be able to make deliveries in the work van
- - be comfortable with the physical nature of the job - safely handling heavy sacks of coffee (30kg +), working with the 4kg zero-waste refill tubs we supply to our wholesale partners, and being 'on your feet' for much of the day
- - be respectful, hard-working and kind
In return you'll enjoy working as part of a small team within an award-winning and expanding roastery with a strong focus on excellent quality, sustainability and ethical practices. Salary is dependant on experience (with a real Living Wage as a minimum), with plenty of coffee for you to take home too!
To apply please send your CV along with a short email introduction to info @ lostbarncoffee.co.uk
(Position posted 12/04/22. Applications now closed)